Monday, June 4, 2018

While working on page 191 [ bit.ly/ArnoldCollectionPage191 ] of the Arnold Collection, I came upon a video house tour that was related to my content. It was a polished presentation that held my interest.

While working on page 191 [ bit.ly/ArnoldCollectionPage191 ] of the Arnold Collection, I came upon a video house tour that was related to my content. It was a polished presentation that held my interest.

Since then, I have discovered more, in various states of "polish." They will be presented here for your enjoyment. Each gives a brief glimpse of Victorian life and architecture.

The Hoyts and the Shedds were great friends and business associates in Lowell MA. They built side-by-side mansions. This tour was posted by a local real estate company when one of the homes was for sale. For the most part, the home has been preserved in almost original condition.

Still images from November 2017 are available on the Old House Dreams site [ https://www.oldhousedreams.com/2018/02/14/1874-lowell-ma/ ] You will note a change in paint color on the exterior. As per the Google Street View image, [ http://bit.ly/HoytPaintJob ] the new paint job was incomplete at that time.

I hope you will find this series useful! It will give you some flavor of the era.
https://youtu.be/vbtqwiOooG0

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. You will not see your comment immediately, but it should show up here in a day or two. Email jeff@arnoldtradecards.com with questions